Friday, October 27, 2006

Owls and squirrel...

just finished hooking these woodland creatures and now I need to stitch on a backing fabric (either wool or flannel) and stuff them. These will be for Syd's show in Nov.
Our home is surrounded by oaks, pines, and bay laurel trees and the squirrels are always scurrying around in the treetops. At night I can hear 2 owls hooting to each other from the top of their perches on the telephone poles . We also have a half finished tree house in a big oak tree that my boys seem to have lost interest in...I may just claim it for a secret art room. It even has a little window where you can catch a glimpse of the Pacific Ocean and the islands beyond.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! You really do nice work -- wish I could see them in person ---

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

LOVE the squirril! I have a little squirril friend who runs through our carport all day long gathering for the winter. My studio window looks onto the carport so I see him doing laps while I work. He's cute! Sometimes he comes over to the window and puts his paw up on it and peeks in at me. He's quite entertaining and I am glad we don't have cats in the neighbourhood.

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

More Goodies... PLEASE take lots of pics of Syd's show.. I hope it goes well!!!
xoxo