Friday, May 16, 2008

Hooking dolls....

These are stamped faces that I may use on the rug hooked dolls. I also like to embroider the faces and sometimes hook them, too.
These are two doll bodies that I've hooked. I used wool that was already in my rug hooking basket and didn't think too much about what colors I was going to use...they just sort of "happened".
A Green flower? Another unplanned piece of hooking just using what was in the basket.
These are the drawings on burlap that I use to make the doll body. I later add felted wool arms and legs when I'm sewing them up.

and here is the bird that I started to work on last night...purples, blues and rose colors. I think I am going to try and mix it up a bit on this guy!
And I picked up my Embellisher yesterday! I'm still staring at it and wondering what to do! Too many choices....but I am excited at all the options and the opportunity to have more ways to play with fiber.

4 comments:

jude said...

loving all this, i like all the birds that are forming lately....

Anonymous said...

Mary........I love the art dolls you are making. Any chance you might be selling one???? Love the one with the flower on the bottom. All your work is so beautiful. Pam Kirshenbaum pkirshenbaum@yahoo.com

Cindibee said...

I can't wait to see these dolls when they're finished!

Tara's Art Camp said...

I can't wait to see their faces. I love seeing the burlap during the process.

Love your birds, I think I "Need" one.