Friday, July 15, 2011

Working with wool...


Spent a fun day at the Art Clinic yesterday making recycled fabric clothing. Colleen was working on a wool leaf project for a demo next Tuesday that I hope to go to and inspired me to get out my box of wool and get some leaves ready to stitch down. Above is what I came up with. We plan to do some Sue Spargo inspired applique and stitching with a new group called the "Spargoettes". Hope to learn some new embroidery stitches and techniques. I tend to use the ones I've learned long ago over and over and it's fun to try something new. I now need to get these stitched down before Tuesday.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Wool is like candy to me! So much fun to work with. I especially love the local hand dyed wools. Have fun!

Claire said...

Love the colours you have used for the leaves...........will look great when it's stitched down.
The demo sounds very interesting, look forward to seeing some pics........

Claire :}

Molly said...

How funny, I saw the picture and thought it was Sue's blog I was clicking on. Good job.