Friday, December 06, 2013

What I am working on...


I hadn't made a gnome for quite a while so I got this one hooked up finally. Still need to sew him up and finish the back. 


This is my initial drawing on the linen burlap. They always turn out a bit different than the drawing and have their own personality.


A kitty that I made for a friend for her granddaughter.



A drawing on burlap for a hooked squirrel. I started on this last night...


And another little bunch of owl ornaments for the Art Hus in Solvang.
We are in the middle of an Arctic cold snap...brrrr....building fires in the fireplace to keep warm and extra quilts at night! Hope you are staying warm and cozy wherever you are!

6 comments:

Yael said...

That gnome has character! Love everything else too! :-)
Enjoy your weekend mary!

Penny said...

You're getting so much done. I'm envious of your accomplishments as I toil over one lone piece *smile*.

Unknown said...

So adorable!! I love that you show your sketch and the final beautiful art work. Thanks for sharing!

Pixie said...

....lovely as always Mary...xx

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks, everyone for your comments! Trying to be a better Blogger....spending more time on FB than I should!

jone hallmark said...

I LOVE what you are getting done!! YAY!
I guess this time of year has a nice urgency to it, don't you think? I hope to come learn to "hook" from you. ....sometime
xoxoxo.......