Thursday, March 22, 2007

Off on an adventure...




My two teenage boys and I are heading off on an adventure soon....I can hardly stand it that I will be missing Artfest, one of my favorite things in the Universe, but this seems important, too.


We are going on a Cruise to the Western Caribbean for 7 days...leaving for Miami on Saturday night. We get to cruise to some fun places that I have never been to and do some interesting exploring ....the ancient ruins of Tulum are calling to me...and my son was just studying them in school so I think it will be fun for him to see this amazing place in person. We also have a stop in the Grand Cayman Islands and Jamaica as well. Dennis needs to keep the store running and so it's just me and the boys this time. We traveled to Japan two years ago and had a great time, so here we go again. They did think I was rather strange when I took photos of my favorite meals and when I got directions in Spanish to our hotel in Hiroshima. They know by now that their mom is a little different...Luckily we will have a week off after our trip to recuperate.


I'm trying to pack, clean the house, get art projects together to take on the trip, find a travel journal, bake cookies, arrange a way back from LAX, find a book to read, figure out what to do while waiting in Miami for plane home ( we have a whole day to explore)...finish up a few art projects....what else???? Might try and get to the Everglades National Park on that last day and go for a bike ride. So, anyway, I most likely won't be posting for a week or so...back in April...bye for now...

2 comments:

edina said...

Will miss seeing you at ArtFest, but have a wonderful time in the Caribbean. Sounds so nice and relaxing!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

BON VOYAGE!!! My dearest Mary.... I know you will be with us in spirit.. but we will miss you terribly.

xoxoxoxoxox