Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Owl no. 2....











Owl no. 2 got finished last night. I hope he doesn't look too cranky...I think I will wait a day or two before stuffing in case I decide to change the face a bit. ALso hooked up another doll body. Now to decide whether to embroider or use a rubber stamped face.
And I came up with another weird hooking idea! The doll body shape reminded me of my clogs. I have a pair of Merrell clogs that I have tried to alter with paint and embroidery...not working! So now I have rug hooked two new tops to sew on and hopefully cover my mistakes. Stay tuned to see how they turn out. For the hooking I used a recycled sweater that I felted. It had an interesting pattern and was made in Japan. I liked the label inside...it said "Spring Bamboo"...
And..just got back from having Jason's wisdom teeth removed. So far, so good. He woke up laughing...and is now resting and watching cartoons with Justin. He ate a little Jello with whipped cream....haven't made that in years, but that's what he wanted. Now back to getting ready for a nice small family Thanksgiving.....hope to make some pies today, take a walk and pick some flowers for the table.

No comments: