Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birds and hearts...

 Worked on these little felt bird pins last night. They have been patiently sitting in my sewing basket awaiting the time when I would get their beaks embroidered.

 
 This is the first set of birds I made...different way of doing the wings.
Now I need to put the pin backs on and they will be ready for the next craft show.

 

This winged heart is rug hooked and embellished with little felt shapes but sort of has a patchwork look.


And one more woven cloth sample. This is called "attached weaving". I got into my linen fabric stash for this one and went for a subtle look.

9 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Such sweet little birds!

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

The winged heart is so nice!

gail said...

SO in love with the colorful birds, Mary!
xo

Rachel said...

I really love your work. I am now a happy follower :)

mimi k said...

The little birds are wonderful! Delicious colors :-)

Jan said...

I love these, the flying heart looks quite chenille like when I double click the photo.

Anonymous said...

Very cute birds xx

HappyDayArt! said...

I love those little birdie too!

Lelia said...

charming pins. love the birds : )