Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter!


Wishing you all a Happy Easter and Beautiful Springtime!

Had fun putting some bunnies and flowers and eggs into this dollhouse that my grandfather made for my mother and her sister. Close to 100 years old because my mother was born in 1917! I'm told he also built them a playhouse in the back yard with a little bridge and they had a dog named Trixie. They lived in No. Hollywood when there were still beanfields and clear blue skies. My Grandma was an expert seamstress and made all the girls' clothes and hemmed my dresses when she lived next door to us years later. Her name was Minnie Freedom and I loved hearing stories of her childhood on their big farm in Iowa and how she ran so fast through the fields that her brothers couldn't catch her.

6 comments:

Yael said...

Oh well Mary, NOW we know where you got your incredible creative talents from! Grandpa AND grandma!

That doll house - what a treasure to cherish you have with it!
:-)

liniecat said...

How delightful!!

Colleen said...

Happy Easter Mary

iHanna said...

Happiness in a pretty house

Marie said...

Oh Mary that is a sweet story. I could imagine your grandmother! fabulous! Hope your Easter was special and warm and cozy with your family. xoxo <3

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

O Mary, I love the way you cherish the memory of your family
xx
julie