Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Guatemala here we come!


The most generous Mary Ann Moss, talented writer ( Dispatch from LA blog) , artist, and teacher of children and adults has offered to share a 400 year old house in Antigua, Guatemala with Syd McCutcheon and myself. We will be spending a week exploring, sketching and hopefully swimming and soaking in Lake Atitlan while we are there. Of course there will be some serious textile shopping and some chocolate sampling mixed in with our time for art journaling, people watching and trips to Mayan villages. I have always wanted to travel to Guatemala and have loved their beautiful textiles since I was young, so this is a dream come true. So grateful for Art Friends to share this wonderful life with!




Photos above from the colorful book, Guatemala Rainbow, full of the exquisite creations of the Mayan women of Guatemala.


Had to share this fun message I found in our local paper...!


And I have been busy with my rug hooking, stitching and teaching....


Velvet acorns now at Bon Fortune in Carpinteria.


And a couple of wool cats waiting for new homes...


Bye for now.....off on a new adventure...take care and hope you have time to create wonderful things!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Everything is so colourful!

Bee happy x

Diana said...

I saw Mary Ann's post with you and Syd and now yours. You girls must be having the best time! Thanks for sharing with us. And I love your hooked owls - hoping you'll sell them as kits for us who have never done rug hooking before. Those acorns are pretty awesome, too.

Unknown said...

I have never been there before. I like to know the people and their culture there.



Believe it, Tax Services

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

Guatemala is such a beautiful tiny country. I hope you get to travel to tikal one day. amazing to see the how the Mayan civilization up there was. glad you had fun there!


Believe it, Sitka Alaska Fishing