Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Art of the Book...

After my shift at our store in Ventura I made a stop at the BookArts show in a gallery down by the ocean. Lots of fun presentations...from very large to tiny....actual book format to resin wall pieces and others in fabric and metal. I loved Syd's book (1st photo) and all the other offerings. Just included a few photos to give you an idea of variety of book arts included.

My next stop on the way home was in downtown Santa Barbara for a quick stop at CPK for a chipolte chicken pizza for the boys and while waiting I wandering over to State St. and was drawn to a free Drum concert by a local kids group....they were really good and they were playing in honor of one of the boys from my son's Jr. High that died last week in a car accident.
It was very moving for me...and I felt what a neat way to honor Jake's memory. I was all teary eyed when I went to pick up my pizza....
One of the things I like about Santa Barbara is that there is usually lots of art and music happening some where.....providing inspiration and a sense of community.

No comments: