Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pumpkin, squirrel # 2, and crows...gather for a Fall portrait


Here is what I've been up to lately. Those are supposed to be crows...I still need to make some wire feet for them and I am having problems with the wire holding them up. Last week I found this great pumpkin colored wool skirt at the Thrift store and had to make a Fall pumpkin. I've always wanted to make one so here he is, looking sort of forlorn....didn't want to make him too cute. Maybe he knows I love pumpkin pie???
So these are all made from recycled wool..mostly skirts from the local thrift store and some re-dyed by my friend, Maren with Magic Carpet dyes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, very cool! They certainly look like crows to me. Love the pumpkin!

Runner Gurl said...

FALL has arrived in your back yard! Pumpkin and crows and squirrel... OH MY!

Your work always makes me feel happy... even the sad-faced work.
; )

Beautiful, Mary.

xo
Gail

Runner Gurl said...

FALL has arrived in your back yard! Pumpkin and crows and squirrel... OH MY!

Your work always makes me feel happy... even the sad-faced work.
; )

Beautiful, Mary.

xo
Gail

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Ok... MAYBE.. Mr. Squirrel is a PUMPKIN PIE Lover TOO!!!

xo

Syd said...

I love them all! You have such a fun way with faces. Everything has this comical look. That is "comical" in a good way.....