Friday, January 30, 2009

Faces..

I had fun sewing up a few more faces. I may put these all together and make a little "art quilt"..
And this is an almost finished fused plastic purse with a little pocket, inspired by Traci Lampe at Artfiberfest. I loved all the bags she made and decided to try making some. I fused the plastic bags months ago and then after visiting Syd on Wed. and seeing one that she bought from Traci, I got to work. It still needs a zipper or a strap, but it was fun to do. And the fiber journal I made at Syd's a bit ago fits right into it, so that's another use for it. I'm heading over to Kate's today for a little art sharing....

2 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

I love your little stitchery faces.....yes, that would make a way cool quilt!

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

So fun Mary, all those wonderfully stitched faces. I can see them as patterns for hooking as well as a quilt. A visit to your blog is always an imagination tickler. Your colors, designs and yep, Art Spirit shine.

Speaking of shining, so do the classes you are teaching at Artfiberfest in Portland! Love em'.
Hugs, Chris