Sunday, April 04, 2010

A Happy Easter to All!

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter! I need to go make some brunch for my boys and Justin still wants an Easter egg hunt, so that will be next. It is cold and cloudy here with rain expected so I'd better get going soon. Hope to get in our annual Easter hike to go see local wildflowers and come home for a nice dinner.




Springtime flowers from Santa Barbara and made it to the beach for my "real" walk, a beautiful windy day at the coast.

Yesterday morning my husband's mother, Doris Stanley passed away. She was 86 and lived a happy, active life. She had 12 children, about 36 grandchildren and great and great-great grandchildren. She was generous and gave Christmas and birthday gifts to everyone. She loved shopping, going to Palm Springs and Las Vegas. She worked at Queen of Angels hospital in Los Angeles for many years and when we visited her she would tell me jokes that the nuns had told her. We will miss her but know she is in good hands in her new home.

7 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

My sympathies to you and your family, Mary Stanley ~
Alice

Diva Kreszl said...

So sorry to hear of your family's loss, may you find comfort in knowing she celebrates Easter with our Lord today.

Marie said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
<3
She sounds like a wonderful person with
a kind heart and great sense of humor. Peace to you and your family and Blessings at Easter.

grace said...

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about your families loss. Mom's are the hardest people to let go of. Prayers and hugs to you.

Lisa said...

She sounds like an amazing person. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

Lisa

Jill Berry said...

I am happy for her good life, and for all the memories she left with you, and sorry for your loss. Bless her for being such a treasure for all of you.

Ronnie Molles said...

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

I knew Doris when I was a little boy living across the street from Queen of Angeles Hospital. My Grandmother worked there and I thought the hospital was my personal adventure land. Doris was kind enough to give me jobs to do such as bringing newspapers to elderly patients. Once, she even gave me a very old copy of one of the "OZ" books by L Frank Baum! Unimaginable treasure for a little boy!

I remember that she was always so happy, always laughing and had a great big bright smile. Doris Stanley was very sweet and understanding towards a troublesome little boy.

I saw Doris several times a week for a few years. She is and will remain a bright cheerful part of my childhood and a small part of her life continues to be shared by those I tell about my younger days.

I hope that knowing this small bit of information about the ways in which she affected my life brings some comfort during this difficult time.