Monday, July 05, 2010

Berry Crumble


Here's what I made this morning for my boys. I didn't use a recipe, just kind of threw everything together that sounded good! I used raspberries, blackberries and blueberries with a little lemon juice and sugar. Then made a crumble for the top with brown sugar, butter, oats and flour. I had to bake this in our toaster oven and I think it came out pretty well. My son is eating a bowl right now with vanilla ice cream and a little whipped cream on top. During our remodel we haven't had a "real" oven now for months! I found this small size baking dish at a thrift store and it is coming in handy and I feel like I can bake again. It 's been foggy and cool here in the mornings with the sun coming out in the afternoon- so a little baking felt like a good thing to do. That and a little rug hooking or stitching and sorting two or three boxes in my art studio!

4 comments:

Dot said...

Can I come and live with you Mary? :). This looks delicious!

Mary Stanley said...

Love to have you, Dot!
I wouldn't mind living where you are, though!

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Looking good, Mary!

Marie said...

mmm...delicious. The problem with berries here is one of my daughters eats them so fast, I would not have a chance to cook them.
Hope you get your oven back soon and the remodel is completed quickly.
:)