Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Taking it easy...

Just had to show you Colleen's sweet little cottage pin cushions from the Queen of Arts show.
They all sold the first day but I managed to get a photo before everyone came. She combined needle felting and embroidery stitching and some fun embellishing to create these fun little houses.
I'm taking it a bit easier after the show but still can't resist making some things for a neighborhood sale coming up. My first 3 elephants sold the first day so I made these two while watching Dancing with the Stars.

And this funny bird got some spots sewn on....

And here is my work (dining room) table before the show! I promised to have it cleared before Thanksgiving! The trouble is that I love to have my sewing machine right in the heart of the house where I can just stitch a little something when I need to and the moment strikes and not go outside to my art studio. I may just move it out for the Holidays so we can eat like a family.

3 comments:

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

Those houses are adorable! and I love to sew in my dining room. I just bought a new table and I had to promise not to put my sewing machine on it until after the holidays!!! I'm not sure I'll be able to keep that promise.

Robin Olsen said...

I'm getting ready for a show too and my table looks just like yours! Somehow that makes me feel better. Love the spotted bird--such a happy guy!

Marie said...

I am so happy to see that you have a table that resembles my desk at times. :)
<3