Monday, December 06, 2010

Gnome time!

One of the shops where I sell my things wanted some gnomes before Christmas so I had to get busy this weekend and do some hookin'. This little guy looks a bit stern so I may have to do some fine tuning before I sew him up.

Here he is from the first night's work...

And this is actually another gnome that I drew up to hook. He is holding a baby rabbit.
Hope to start work on him tonight. I have a chance to sell some things this upcoming weekend at our community Farmer's market so I still am busily making more things to sell.

It was cold and rainy last night. We had hail, wind and rain and a nice fire made the house a bit more cozy. The cats huddled up together to stay warm by the fire....


As soon as I get a little more "blog" time I will post some photos of my recent adventures in Berkeley and Summerland.

7 comments:

Jenny Stevning said...

I love the gnomes! Oh, that fire! Mmmmmmm....

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

the gnomes are terrific!

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks so much for your comments!
Back to hooking!

Yael said...

What ever you create comes out so lovely and sweet Mary!

dulcy said...

Wonderful gnomes! Just a great idea to hook. Also your kitties looking quite cozy all curled up. Your stitched goodies make the most darling tree ornaments, plus, if the cat gets too curious (as mine do with ornaments hanging on the tree) nothing is breakable! We've had a few "accidents" in the past.....

Marie said...

Those gnomes are sooo cute!
The mantle display is fabulous and the fire so cozy :)
Nice!

Unknown said...

I love your gnomes, they look so busy, just as gnomes should!