Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year wishes...


May your life be filled with love, peace and happiness and lots of  art making.
 May 2012 be the beginning of a world ruled by compassion, peace and harmony and respect for our beautiful planet earth.

Above is a little mixed media piece that I sent into a show at Westmont College in Montecito.




My favorite Christmas present this year...a beautiful heart shaped soap from a local shop.


A walk around the neighborhood....toyon berries...



hollyhocks blooming ....


prickly pear cactus.....


and my latest hooked squirrel.

Hope your New Year is filled with wonderful new adventures!

11 comments:

Michelle in Saskatoon said...

Thank you for all your posts this past year, and hope you have a happy and productive 2012!

Pixie said...

Happy new year Mary...hope you have a great one...see you in 2012.
x

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Same to you Mary, Peace and Prosperity and Health in 2012
xx
julie

Jacky said...

What a beautiful soap...I thought it was a wooden carved heart (you now have me searching for a piece of soft wood to set about carving!!!).
I love the naive style of the painting you did for the exhibition. That would look lovely in a hooked rug too.
Thank you for your kind wishes for 2012...health, happiness and prosperity to you and your family Mary and I look forward to visiting your beautiful blog again this year.

Marie said...

Happy New Year Mary!

Thank you for always inspiring all of us with your beautiful art :)
<3

Yael said...

Happy NEW YEAR to you and your family Mary!!! All the Best and foremost good health!

jude said...

love to you.

Lesley Ann Staples said...

Happy New year to you. I just love the hooked squirrel and the night painting.

Robin Olsen said...

Love the moody little winter scene, yet you still managed to make it cheerful. Happy New Year to you!

Dot said...

Hi there Mary
Happy new year to you too! I share your wishes for 2012. I love the style of the painting you did for your exhibition. And agree with Jacky that it would look beautiful as a hooked rug.
Your blog is always such a treat to visit and I think of you every day when I look at the beautiful bird you made for me and the kitty too.
Much love
Dot xx

Hazel Terry said...

Happy new Year Mary.
Thank you for everything X