Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Randomness...


A little water color that I am working on. It was going to be for a local show but I missed the deadline and it needs more work anyway.


Here is my little art studio. Hoping to get to spend more time in here and do some much needed organizing.


This colorful kantha quilt was my Mother's Day present! Ethnic Arts in Berkeley had a nice selection of these light two sided quilts and this one called to me.



love the little patched area!



Henry always finds a spot to nap on top of fabric that I am working on. Some fun vintage finds on the left that I found at thrift stores for Rebecca's workshop.


And I finally got back to some rug hooking and hooked up this rabbit.


And got these cats sewed up out of one recycled Garnet Hill cotton knit sweater that I found at the thrift store and couldn't pass up. Now they are ready for some faces. May take them on our weekend trip to the Sierras for Memorial Day. Dennis has a trip planned to Benton Hot Springs and Lundy Lake for fishing-leaving Saturday after a half day at the store and then home again on Monday.


And now it's Justin's turn to graduate. June 7 is the official day but we have several ceremonies to attend. This one was a dessert and award ceremony for National Honor Society, California Scholarship Federation, and community service. Tomorrow he is in a skit that involves 4 treadmills, music and a routine with 4 other senior men. I persuaded Dennis to leave work early for this one! I am hoping someone will put it on YouTube because I think it will be really fun...and only 3 minutes!
Next week another award ceremony. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

love your art studio, lucky girl you!

Sue at The Boar's Breath Ranch said...

I really like that top water color painting. do you sell your work??
Thanks, Sue

Hélène said...

belle ballade sur votre blog, j'aime cet esprit, voir la beauté dans un simple reflet,dans un mouvement... bienvenu à mon projet XY3