Wednesday, May 09, 2012

sewing and stitching


A little embroidery piece I am working on. Just added the nest and owlet.


This group of foxes just flew off to the Napa Valley to "Muse" along with some cashmere elephants.


three wild women...could be pin cushions or just for fun. Hair is from the wooly felted fringe on the end of a wool scarf that I recycled for rug hooking.


Polka dot Velour came in handy for this elephant family.


Had to share a photo of my amaryllis plant that was a Christmas present from my cousin Laurie. They just keep blooming and looking so glorious.
We will be off again on a No. Calif. adventure. This time for our son, Jason's college graduation from Cal Berkeley on Sunday at 9am. We are taking my husband's camper this trip so should be interesting and different from the art girls trips I've come to love. Still there are lots of great restaurants and I think I will get a short visit to 4th St. Our table top won't be ready for this trip so we will have to wait until June to pick it up, but I still hope to get a visit in to the Ethnic Arts store. I seem to remember a particular kantha quilt that was calling my name...we shall see.
Hope you have a great end of the week and have time to make stuff!

11 comments:

Grace said...

Mary, I love the addition of the owlet and the nest. The foxes are subperb! And polka dot Ellie's are the best! Have a fun trip. Let me know about August. Hugs!

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks, Grace!
Always appreciate your enthusiasm!
I think August will be fine.
xxoo

Be Grim said...

I love the wild women! Felted scarf fringe is the BEST!

Marie said...

Love the new embroidery/owl and the nest.
While living in that area I had the most beautiful owl couple and white owl living on the property. Almost surreal to look at.
Have a fun safe trip and what fun to have a camping trip!
Congratulations to your son : )
xo <3

Molly said...

I love the wild women! They look like they know how to have a good time. The fixes, as always, look debonair and mysterious.

Molly said...

Ah! Foxes. Darn autocorrect.

Ter'e said...

Oh Mary.......you always amaze me when I pop into your blog. Such beautiful quirky things. I simply love the fox.............(foxes?) LOL Love them!!!!!!

Pixie said...

I always feel such joy when i read your blog Mary....all your makes are just so inspiring, you really are very talented.
Pixie x

dulcy said...

Another inspiring and fun post! All your creations are fabulous, Mary. And you're off on another jaunt about. Can't wait to see what you post next!

xo
dulcy

Taylor schapiro said...

Those foxes are too cute. I love them. Adore your owl stitching too.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

The owl embroidery is wonderful; reminds me of the workshop in Berkeley. Love those foxes and dolls, too! Have a great trip, Mary.