Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Been hooking again....




I think I have finished my self portrait for the hooking group...due next Monday evening which is also the first day of school for my boys. I keep doing a little fine tuning here and there...pulling out a bit of color that doesn't look right. For this piece I put favorite things in the background...like my home, the heart has 3 "dots" that symbolize my husband and 2 boys, I love them dearly, although things can get a bit wild with 2 teenagers,our cat Tiger, hot cup of tea, a flower, and the owl...I am a night owl and love to work at night when things get quiet around here...I wanted it to look sort of dreamy and meditative...and I also put some water in the bottom right corner because I love to swim in the ocean....things I didn't include...chocolate, good salads, ice blended mochas, walks on the beach, shopping for fabric and folk art.....
And for some reason...must be that I am thinking of Fall coming, I started a funny pumpkin. Am I the only one that thinks it looks like Homer Simpson?
And I put my favorite rug hook in the photo to show you what I'm working with right now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your self potrait rug! i am working on a witch/cat rug that i drew. i love how you added symbolism to this. very inspirational!

>^..^<
katy

katy_van@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

love these things. always a pick me up!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Mary.. your self portrait is BEAUTIFUL... I LOVE the Design and seem very much like YOU!

xo

Dana said...

I love your self portrait!! Okay, your pumpkin is a bit Homeresque, sorry. You are just so incredible. I saw your layout in Sumerset Home but I could not buy it that day. Beautiful!

Tara's Art Camp said...

Love the little pumpkin! Do you ever sell your work in your etsy shop? I see it is empty now.