Monday, August 06, 2007

birds in the bush...




I'm taking this fiber assemblage piece down to Art From Scrap for a show. They auction off each piece and donate half to the non-profit . We had to use a musical instrument part for our creation and then other recycled things from the shop. I made the birds first from linen and other fabric samples and sewed some "leaves"...only used a few on the branch from our yard.
Used E-6000 to glue birds in place and wire wrapped legs and feet to wooden pegs....

For now, it seems like the fire is going in the opposite direction from us...so that is good...still...roads closed and fire trucks everywhere and lots of commotion here in our little community.


photo of fire off in the distance...burning in the National Forest wilderness.

2 comments:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

YIKES Mz. Mary... we SURE don't want the fire coming close...
I am thinking of you!!!

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation...

October is fast approaching and THEN I will be Spoiled to see my dear friend TWICE!

YEAH!!!

Syd said...

I LOVE your piece for Art From Scrap! I forgot to photograph mine....Syd