Monday, December 22, 2008

A busy week....

With my craft shows over for 2009 and boys out of school, I have a little more time to spend with friends. It seems like every other day I am off for a fun Holiday visit and it feels good!
My rug hooker and embroidery artist friend, Marny Cardin invited Barbara and I up for a delicious lunch, rug tour, and visit to the local art center where they were having an art quilt and wood working show and of course, the fun store called "Hands"in San Luis Obispo was a must stop. Above is one of Marny's tiny French knot miniature "rugs" that she sells in galleries and on her website. She has a show coming up in New York City in February for you East Coasters. Her beautiful intricate work is even more delightful in person!
One of the custom made tiles in Marny's kitchen...
Marny has quite a rug collection! Above is one of Heather Ritchie's mermaids.
This Scottie and the parakeets below are by Gene Shepherd, a close friend of Marny. The birds are his second rug.
More rugs from Marny's collection....


And I got in a visit to my friend, Pia, who learned to knit in Switzerland as a child...she gifted me these amazing socks! They are so soft and cozy and I love the colors! We both have 2 boys and always laugh and talk crafts and drink tea. She has started painting and I got to see some of her latest work...lovely!! They make the best wind chimes (Picotte windchimes) and I'm pestering Dennis to get an order in for our Hardware store.
And this is a lino cut that I made 17 years ago for our Christmas card. I could never get it to print properly but saved it with all our Christmas stuff and get it out and look at it every year. That would be Jason's first Christmas!

1 comment:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Wow...what great photos, and a wonderful rug collection Marny has.