Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cleaning house


We were cleaning out our storeroom today and I came across this mosaic wooden bowl that I made a few years ago. I wonder if it would work for a bird bath...? The raccoons knocked the top off of our ceramic bird bath and broke it and I've been looking for the right top for weeks now.

The artgirls gathered once again for a great beach day at Refugio. We got on our boogie boards and caught a few waves....the ocean was cool and refreshing. We were joined by Omega and her ocean loving daughter, Valkyrie , 16 mo., in the cutest pink camo bikini I've ever seen.

6 comments:

jude said...

is that decoupage? it's great!

Mary Stanley said...

I did a mosaic of little ceramic tile pieces glued to the bowl and then used grout to fill in the spaces. It should be water proof, but hard to tell.

debinsf said...

I sure hope it works. It will look so lovely sparkling in the garden.

Lisa C. said...

I made a mosaic birdbath a few years ago, and I loved it!! I think you should use it --- so beautiful and colorful...

marie said...

You are so-o talented! Beautiful bowl!

Anonymous said...

I have made several mosiac birdbaths, They are wonderful but I have found that sealing them with a product called PourOn preserves them better than leaving the grout exposed, it is like 50 coats of poly, its a 2 part epoxy that levels itself out. Simple to use. I use terra cotta pot trays for the tops of my birdbaths, they too work well.