Thursday, August 31, 2006

Stamps, hearts and book covers...




The Gee's Bend Quilt stamps are finally in at the Post Office! The colors are a little off but I still like them.

Yesterday, Syd was bringing in some of her wonderful "Scissor Maidens"(and other cool stuff) to the coolest store in Santa Barbara, called Imagine ,and I got to come along. I brought some of my fiber art to show the owner and she asked me to make some of my stuffed rug hooked things to sell in the Fall! It will be so exciting to have some things in this wonderful store....it will fulfill one of my secret desires .........
So once I get my other projects completed I will be making more Gnomes, toadstools, birds and squirrels. We had a yummy lunch at CPK and a tiny bag of See's candy for desert...what a perfect day!

Above is one of my new hooked hearts.....and the first photo is
the funky cover of my little "to do" book that I tote around with me. the "crazy quilt" was originally a mini-skirt from the Gap which I cut up for fiber art projects and added to and embellished....

1 comment:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

My dearest Mary....

I was at the post office today and purchased TWO books of the GEE's Bend stamps. Aren't they WONDERFUL!

AND SPEAKING of WONDERFUL... I LOVE your book cover. I sure hope you plan to have some of those for sale at AFF.

A BIG CONGRATS on having your work accepted to a retail establishment....I know you are THRILLED.. and your work will sell like HOT CAKES.. I AM SURE!

BTW... Gnomie... says "Hi".... he is not getting along with his mushroom very well. I will probably have to get him another Gnome Friend or Girl Friend at AFF if you have any for sale. ;)))

xo
Tracie