Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Beautiful sunrise....beautiful wool..

I love this wool roving from Belgium that I got while in Portland, Or at Northwoods Wool Store...
I decided to do some needle felting and pulled it out of the bag and this is how it was stored ...in a big circle...love those colors..!
Here's a funny little work in progress...a fabric collage made with kimono silks...more stitching to do...
sunrise...view across the street

Up early to get the boys off to school and there was a beautiful pink and orange sunrise through the trees.....I love the silhouette of trees at dawn and dusk...
working on class proposals and making samples... a busy week...and teaching on Sat. with Syd!

2 comments:

jrberkley said...

Got to you through a google search on fabric collage, and went to your Flikr site -- your work is beautiful. And you're so prolific! I especially love the hooked projects. They just make me happy.
Best to you,
Julia

http://juliaberkley.blogspot.com

Sunnie said...

Hello Mary...I have you on my Blog list and enjoy visiting to see what you are up to!!! : ) That roving is beautiful...love the yummy colours! I'm connsidering using some roving in my hooked pieces but haven't tried it yet!
Your little bird embroidery done on your vacation is delightful too. Makes me remember the crewel embroidery pieces I did about 30 years ago!!! Now I'm hooked on hooking!!! LOL
Happy New Year!
Sunnie- Vermont Rug Hooker's Diary : )