Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Birds, birds, and more birds...

My latest hooked bird....worked on last night until after 1 am....will finish tonight, I hope.
Today just might be another beach day with the ARTgirls! No coastal fog, it looks beautiful out over the ocean and if I don't have "mom duties" I'm off for more boogie boarding!
I got these three birds sewed up and stuffed. I leave the bottom open to add legs and feet, the next step. I make two types of legs...wool wrapped wire so they can stand up or wool stuffed with shoes and they hang on the wall. I then sew them into the bottom and close up the opening.
Here's the back side. The polka dot fabric is cotton flannel. The dark blue is felted wool.
And here is the opening on the bottom where I insert the legs.
And these are fabric painted birds that I have a project in mind for.
I always seem to have about 10 projects going on at once! Keeps life interesting, I'm never bored or depressed-too much art to do!

7 comments:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

What a wonderful flock!

Tara's Art Camp said...

ooohhh, do I see a mobile coming on?

Love all your hooked birdies.

I wish I were boogie boarding.

Beth Anderson said...

Fabulous - I love them!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Mary ~ you are an 'art' machine!! So productive ~ an inspiration! I need to go create something right now!!!! I love those crazy birds!!

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

These are all really fun! Can't wait to see where you wonderful imagination takes them.

maryann said...

how nice that you shared the bird leg process with us!! i wondered about it when i saw their cute legs!! love the colors, too!

jude said...

love the painting.