Monday, September 20, 2010

More cloth weaving

My two latest cloth weavings. These are so fun to make...while you are working on one you are already thinking of the next one you want to do. I made a big mess yesterday with piles of cloth everywhere!
I want to make one with bright cottons now. First I need to clean up my messes! 
 
I decided to make another wool weaving. It is really nice to work with the wool-it stays put and is soft and easy to tear. Not crazy about this one but it may be fine when we get to the next step. I'm not sure what I will do with these. Just waiting for the next lesson this week. But I am sure it will involve lots of stitching.

 
 Another linen stuffie with cotton glove fingers for ears- a good tip from Denise in Australia!

 
And our weekly cat photo of Henry on his favorite quilt.
By the way, I just want to say Thank You  for your comments and visits! I appreciate each and every one!

5 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love the two in the top photo! Wonder what they'll be when they grow up??!!

dulcy said...

The weavings are wonderful! Looking forward to what becomes of them!

Yael said...

I love those weavings Mary!! I made a bag once with woven curved fabric, I have to look for a photo! I am so curious what you are going to do with it! So I am waiting for your next lesson too!
Lovely stuffy and sweet cat!!!

jude said...

hey mary, so nice you have you in the workshop, i know you will come up with something wonderful. the wool is so you!

Anonymous said...

C'est mon Woud-Woud!!
je ne savais pas qu'il etait voyageur et qu'il parlait l'anglais
sont etonnants,nos chats!!!
megote