Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More owls and a beach day..

Finished up this new little owl with wings. Trying to stock up for the upcoming "Queen of Arts"
show in mid November in Solvang.

Decided to try making some smaller owls and came up with these two....



Spent a wonderful day at the beach with friends, Kate and Anna. Kate got us into Hollister Ranch, a hot surfing spot. I hadn't been to the "Ranch" since I was 18 years old and a surfer
boy friend took us up there so I could watch him surf. The water is clean and the warmest it's been this summer so I had to go in for a dip. Someone built this funny driftwood hut by the beach and I had to take a photo!


Anna and Kate got in some good knitting time while I did a little water color with salt water in my larger visual journal. We saw dolphins, seals, pelicans, red tailed hawks and collected shells and rocks on a long beach walk. A nice relaxing day with girl friends!

7 comments:

Dot said...

Love your smaller owls (and so will Jacky I am sure!). Looks like you had a perfect day at the beach with your friends - happy times :)

Yael said...

WOW - THIS sounds like some day!!!

And the little owls are gorgeous!!! Really Mary, you make such wonderful stuff, I admire you!

Jacky said...

It must have been lovely reminiscing down by the beach...gorgeous sunshine, and how nice to take a dip in the sea (no surfing????)

Loooove your little owls, especially that fellow with the wings...cute as!

Jacky xox

Mary Stanley said...

Next visit Kate promised to get me surfing on her long board. I haven't surfed since I was a teenager... a little nervous!

Tara's Art Camp said...

What a nice day at the beach. I wish our beaches were warmer.

Your smaller owls are a great idea. They are so cute.

Angela said...

Thorsten recently tried stand up paddle boarding in Hollister Ranch of all places and loved it. Since you are such an ocean girl, you will love it too. I was the only one in our group who didn't do it, freaking about about the possibility of loosing my eye glasses in the ocean and then being practically blind until I could get a new pair. Oh, well...
Do give it a try, he loved it

Marie said...

My kinda day! :)