Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Greetings.....

 Somehow I managed to get all my sewing things cleared off the table and decorate a bit for Christmas dinner tomorrow. The embroidered table cloth is a thrift store find as is the sampler below. Not exactly sure what is says but I still love all the wonderful cross stitching.


 My latest owl. The rain let up long enough for a few outdoor photos. And here is the newest gnome all finished up.


 Tried out a different house shape for this little hooked and stuffed piece. Need to add a fun hanger of some sort on top now.

 The Art Clinic had a fun Holiday get together complete with fresh local tamales and lots of decorated cookies and treats. Great to see everyone before Christmas and plan our next classes.

 Maren brought her latest art quilt for a bit of show and tell. She plans on doing some machine quilting as the next step. We all loved her colors and fabric choices.

 Sukey was busy working on her beautiful cards, printed on her new Artisan Epson printer..she also made the cutest little owl ornaments for everyone.

 One more Holiday Party at Kate and Greg's wonderful home overlooking the Channel Islands. Greg's newest driftwood tree was decorated with colorful candles that gave off a soft glow as the evening shadows darkened the rainy sky.

 Kate always takes good care of us. She made her delicious soup for us all and baked up the best Christmas cookies ever! Plus mini chocolate eclairs and frosted cupcakes. Greg set up his wine bar and taste test for all to enjoy. A warm and cozy evening on a cool and rainy night.

 Gingerbread cookies with designs on each one from a wooden cookie press...

Best wishes for a peaceful Christmas with those you love....and thanks for your visits...I so enjoy all my blogger friends! Tomorrow I will be cooking for my boys, taking a Christmas hike to a waterfall and enjoying the time with family.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Merry Christmas!!!!

Let's hope that the rain stays away for a couple more days and we can enjoy one of those perfectly gorgeous Santa Barbara Christmas days.

Blessings for you and your boys, and have a great Holiday.

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks, Angela! Hope you have a wonderful Holiday time, too!

Marie said...

What a fun party...I always say you go to the best parties : )

Merry Christmas Mary!

Thanks for all the inspiration and I wish you and your family much peace and joy <3

Hazel Terry said...

Happy happy Christmas Mary and a wonderful New Year.
xxx

Jacky said...

Have a lovely, lovely, lovely day with your boys Mary...how lucky you are to have them all with you.

Lots of festivities...your get together with your friends looks like great fun (and yummy). I love the art quilt of Marens, that background fabric she has used is beautiful!

Love your latest owl...mine is sitting amid the books on my bookshelf. I'm getting quite a little collection now. Received a lovely wool felted owl from a friend in the USA and a beautiful handblown glass owl from my husband for Christmas!

Take care Mary and have the most wonderful of days.

Jacky xox

Lisbeth Bula said...

I have enjoyed your blog for a long time, even though I don't post comments much. I wish you a Happy New year and would like to comment on your thrifted table cloth: It may be Norwegian; it says Merry Christmas on it.
The sampler is in Danish and says: Christmas time- your star gives light upon light despite hustle and bustle. Christmas peace - I hope your time won't end with this short Christmas time