Thursday, July 07, 2011

Birthday doll...


I am still unpacking from the July 4th show and getting back into the swing of things. Off to a birthday lunch in Solvang for Sukey. Made her this doll out of some Peruvian handwoven fabric. She makes the best Frieda dolls and is always painting or drawing or stitching. And I have some dear friends coming to stay for a few days. I turned my art studio into a guest room- well half of it anyway!  So hopefully I will get back to my art soon, although it is nice to have a little break. 
The 4th of July show got a nice write up in the local SB News Press and I even had my picture in the paper!
Whoo hoo! Hard to see but that is me at the bottom of the page.

6 comments:

jill-o said...

Awesome! Wish it had not been so hot,but sounds like it was a great turn out!

Marie said...

Nice picture of you in the paper Mary!
I love Frieda Kahlo and I am sure your friend will love the doll. Have a great day! : )

Tara's Art Camp said...

fun,,,congratulations!

jude said...

hey. look at you!

dulcy said...

Mary.... I LOVE that doll you made for your friends birthday! Just love it! Congrats on the newspaper coverage!
xo
dulcy

Clare said...

Congrats! you deserve it...hte rug doll is so cute.