Friday, July 20, 2007

Beach Day with Justin...

Hendry's beach...


Not a good shot of Justin, the sun was in his face.....but he said I could post this...


A fence in progress....I think the wire will be covered with stone eventually...but it looked really interesting like this! The stairs lead up to a little landing with a nice view of the ocean....








Had a great day at the beach with Justin. We both caught a few waves and enjoyed the water. Had a quick bite at the snack bar called "the Pit Stop"... I think the salt water was good for my poor toe, it feels better today! After 2 hours in the ocean we went to pick up Jason (17) at his friend's house...about 2 blocks from the beach....couldn't resist taking photos of these incredible Passion flowers...they cover the whole side of their house and the bees were buzzing everywhere...sometimes 3 bees on a flower! I just can't get over how many layers there are to these amazing flowers....we had these vines on our fence when I was growing up and I remember playing with them.
When my cousin, Laurie came to visit we used to play "Flower Dolls"...we made a little doll with a twig and then collected flowers for their dresses. My favorite dresses were the frilly Petunias that my grandpa grew next door ...purple and white and pink and white and those deep purple ones that look like velvet! We sat in my grandparents blue porch swing and changed their clothes and then took them on adventures around the yard looking for more flower clothes to add to their collection. My grandpa, who grew up on a farm in Iowa also made strange creatures from driftwood...they had marbles for eyes and he placed them around the garden that he loved to work in. My grandmother, whose name was Minnie Freedom (!) thought they were ugly....she didn't appreciate his folk art, sadly....and the creatures got moved to the garden shed. I have no idea what happened to them after that. Funny how just looking at a flower brings back all these childhood memories!
And soon I will have a new Blog banner...as soon as Jason comes to help me....and a BIG thank you to Tracie Huskamp who guided me through this...couldn't have done it without her!!! Thanks, Tracie!!!

2 comments:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!

I See your BEAUTIFUL NEW BANNER!!!!!

HIP HIP HOORAH!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

The Banner is awesome :D