Thursday, July 19, 2007

Beach rocks: hearts and holes


Thanks for your commemts on my last doll...it's so nice to share your progress on projects and then actually finish them!

Yesterday I finally made it to the beach and went boogie boarding! The ocean was not too cold and there were some nice waves. Only downside is that I hit my toe on a rock and I think it is broken! It is a nice shade of black and blue and I have to limp around the house. However I won't let it stop me from heading down to the beach again today with son, Justin who would rather sit at home....sometimes I have to "force" the boys to have fun ...and it is more fun to have a partner at the beach when you catch a really good ride...and you can go "did you see that?!!!"..Anyway...here are some beach rocks with holes...and a few new heart ones....

And some sad news... Laura's, mother, Dortha, whose 90th birthday party I went to a few weeks ago...passed away a few days after her party. I am so GLAD that I got to celebrate her in a Happy Way and with all her family there. I am remebering how important it is to listen to your heart! I had to cancel a class that I was teaching to go ....but I am so glad that I went.
Laura forwarded a thank you note that Dortha wrote to me in her beautiful handwriting thanking me for coming and bringing See's candy...her favorite (and mine!).....Bye, Dortha....we love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great finds. holed in hearts just happen sometimes.

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Mary... I am GLAD TOO that you were able to celebrate with this gentle soul of 90 years.

You will have no regrets...

Let me know how it goes with up inserting your html code for your banner...

I AM SO EXCITED to see it!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo