Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Tote and good Find...




I need to fill in at the Hardware Store for a few more days while some of the employees take vacation time off, so not getting as much art making time as before. However, I did almost finish this Tote for an exchange due July 31. I lined it with a vintage table cloth from my fabric stash. I also made a little cell phone holder and pin cushion (not in photo) as extras and will look for more stuff to put inside for fun. I think I will do a little more embellishing before sending it off. My other thought was to make entirely NEW one as I made some mistakes on this one....not using a pattern so some squares didn't match, among other things.


I thought this bird cage was a "good find" at the thrift store a while back.I have it sitting on the porch at the front of our house. I put one of those crows from the craft store inside. One day I saw some real crows looking inside at the fake crow!Probably trying to figure out how to liberate him...

2 comments:

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Mary, that toe is so fun!! It's just so YOU! It's great! Well done!! Your partner is going to love it!

Syd and Earl "Cueball" McCutcheon said...

I love the tote. What a lucky person who gets it!