Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Necklace

Last night I put together this necklace with the PMC beads I made in Catherine Witherell's workshop at Artfest 2010. I made the little bird house charm over a year ago at the Art Clinic in one of Carol Kemp's classes inspired by a piece of Catherine's that appeared in Belle Armoire (I think). Anyway it has taken me this long to get in my jewelry making mood. And now I want to make a whole bunch more. I don't really have the right set up for it, but I did get the dining room table cleared off so that might work. I just might have been inspired by a visit by my friend, Angela Moll who came over on Monday for lunch, tea and a fun chat.

Angela is now making incredible jewelry! I asked her to bring something and she wore one of her creations. She says she has moved on from fiber art and is setting stones in silver and keeping her garden going with lots of edibles and flowers.
Her blog is : http://growcookmake.com

Angela is a tea connoisseur and I asked her to bring some of her favorite tea. She brought this incredible Peony tea made in China. We brewed it in this glass so we could see the unfolding as it brewed....I'd never seen anything like it! And it tasted good too!

We visited and ate lunch outside on our deck. I made deviled eggs and a salad from our little garden of green leaf lettuce. I added a little of the Italian parsley on top of the eggs.
Angela is always fun to talk to and has so many good ideas. The little grey wool cat I made for her to give to a friend will now have a new home.

What a great thrift store find! I just could not resist this wool sweater I found in Ventura after work on Saturday! And it was half price...so $1.50! Now to figure out how to use it. I also found a wonderful children's book by Elsa Beskow, one of my favorite artists and authors.

I need to write up and send an article in to Somerset Sew...and see myself doing everything but write that article! I'd much rather MAKE stuff than write about it..but it is so nice to have your stuff in a magazine that I'd better get to work right now!

7 comments:

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

that is a wonderful necklace!
And i like your friend's too.
xx
julie

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks, Julie!

dulcy said...

The necklace is adorable, and the peony tea is just fascinating! It looks refreshing and wonderfully exotic!

Dulcy

Dot said...

Oh Mary - I adore the necklace you made and the bird house charm is incredible - there is no end to your talents :) (truly - you are so talented lovely lady).

Mary Stanley said...

thanks so much for your comments, Dulcy and Dot!

Angela said...

That was indeed a fun visit to your magic cottage! It was so nice to be back in the Painted Cave and enjoy your sweet hospitality and delightful conversation.

The little gray cat will join a little girl's home very soon :-)

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

You really made the birdhouse charm!?! That's a wonderful thing! And a wonderful necklace!! Your talents abound!