Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Ode to Spring

Here is the felt top of the piece that I made for Art From Scrap. One of the requirements for the show is that you have to use a piece from a box of assorted items that were colored green. I chose the green chenille stem and incorporated it into the top piece of the mobile.
This is the finished piece, complete with birds and bugs! They have a silent auction for all the pieces as a fundraiser for Art From Scrap and then a fun reception at the end complete with visits from the mayor and photo ops with Bob DeBris. Lots of community involvement and always a fun event. When I dropped my piece off I got to see some of the other entries-lots of really fun stuff....can't wait to see the whole show.

These are the little fabric bugs that I made to hang inside the flowers.

And one more squirrel finished up...

And a plump wool kittie for my friend, Angela Moll to give as a gift.
Since school has been out I've had more opportunities to get in my beach walks.
Can't resist filling my pockets with fun rocks like this one. Since January I've managed to get in a 2 mile walk almost every day. I alternate my mountain walks with beach walks when I am downtown. There is something about the salt air and the ocean that always fills my spirit and makes me glad to be alive!

4 comments:

Alicia A said...

The bugs are adorable! Your squirrel is amazing. Very cool heart rock.

Angela said...

The cat is so sweet, thank you!

Robin Olsen said...

What a fabulous whimsical mobile! I'd like to use it as a chandelier.

Kristin L said...

Pretty mobile, and those are the cutest bugs evah!!