Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Flying Heart Pins leaving the nest....


These little stuffed fabric heart pins will be on their way to New Hampshire soon. They are going to Susan at artstream gallery. Feels good to complete this order which I started months ago!

I hope to make a bunch more to take to Vendor night at Artfiberfest in October.

Had a nice beach walk today in the fog. For my destination I chose what I thought was a big white rock up the coast. When I got closer I realized that it was a 30' sailboat on its side! The mast was missing and it was full of sand and kelp. Lots of funny stencils on one side...so there it sits...must have washed up during the last bout of high winds that we had. I guess that is one of the things that I like about beachcombing and thrift stores.....the element of surprise...you never know what will show up, what treasures you will find (or not!)...And while it is foggy and cold down at the beach today, it is sunny and pleasant up here on the mountain top. Might get some felting done outside while the weather is so nice.

Can't believe I washed Justin's cell phone...Again! This is the second one....OK..now i guess we'll get the phone insurance! I was sure that I checked his shorts pockets....I'm not a big cell phone user but they are good to have since we are so far away from the local schools and sometimes the buses don't get all the way to where we live.

So ...on to the next 10 projects on my list!

7 comments:

Deb's Artful Journey said...

I love these Mary!! Youre amazing! Cant wait to buy one of my own at AFF!

Hugs,

Deb

Syd said...

I love them too. They look like they could fly to NH on their own....Syd

Susan Schwake said...

oh wow these are so adorable!!! can't wait to get them... got your atc, yours are in the mail today. hope you like!

Runner Gurl said...

I NEEEEEEED one, Mary! Any chance some of these will fLy into your Etsy shop???
; )

xo
Gail

Anonymous said...

these are great!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

MARY... I TELL YOU... I am going to be BROKE at Fiberfest... between your table and Syd's... BROKE I tell you...

AHhhhh but HAPPY as a CLAM!!! with all of my Treasures!!!

xoxoxoxo....

PS... I have been meaning to send Teesha a message to ask her if Tracy's Owl illustration was Inspired by our own Ms. Mary's hooked owls... Inquiring minds want to know.

OH!!! and another big CONGRATS on the BEAUTIFUL artwork in Art and Life... =)))))

Ruth Rae said...

oh my!
I just had some amazing fun pouring over your blog and flickr! I love all the textures and colors that you use in your work! and it seams as if you have so many fun art friends that you hang out with!
Thank you so much for inspiring me!