Monday, May 14, 2007

Thrift store finds....


All I can say is that there have been some interesting things showing up at the Thrift store lately.
I met my friend, Mary, who I've known since my days at Stampa Barbara this morning and delivered her owl and squirrel that I hooked. A call later and she put in an order for elephants! This will be fun to do...I used to make an elephant shaped clock a few years back so I have something in mind already. Made a quick stop at my other place with the 5 cent rack and came up with the above cache.....a book over 100 years old tilted, "The Pathway of Life", a sequined skirt, and a George Bush doll. Wonder if Michael de Meng would have fun embellishing this somehow.....(I added the camo pants)....
Had a fun day yesterday with my "boys". We slept in, then went to the local nursery and picked out plants for our yard and garden, a quick stop at Trader Joe's and I introduced them to "Panino"...best spot in town for sandwiches! Also picked out some pretty tulips to enjoy this week...a relaxing and low key Mother's day....

No comments: