Monday, June 11, 2007

Some Amy Butler fabric for Amy's Tote...and my new Fabric cutter!




Stopped by the Treasure Hunt Quilt store in Carpinteria on the way to work on Sat. Picked up these fun mostly pink fabrics for a tote exchange that I am in...Tote is due by the end of July. I also couldn't resist the Kaffe Fassett polka dots...for me!


Busy weekend....on Sunday, another trip down to LAX to pick up Jason. Decided to go early and check out the Contemporary Crafts Market held at the Santa Monica Civic. Lots of very cool art and crafts to gaze at. Quite a few of my Santa Barbara craft friends were selling there, too and got to visit a little bit. I actually sold at this show when it first started 20 years ago! I was selling my handwoven and handpainted silks and jewelry back then....before kids!


After picking up Jason I zoomed over to 83 year old rug hooker, Jane Olson's house to pick up a brand new "state of the art" fabric cutter" by Townsend Industries. This time I got a #7 blade which is a little bit smaller than the #8 that I've been using. My old cutter has been acting strangely and after trying this new one out this morning, I am Hooked! It cuts 4 strips at a time and is so smooth....pricey, but, hey, I'm worth it! ( taken from those stupid hair coloring commercials)...anyway, posting a photo in case you are interested....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a townsend cutter too. i love mine. i had another brand which was fine until i tried to change the blade and i couldnt get it to cut right.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a cool looking toy!! I've never seen these but now I want one ;-)

Runner Gurl said...

LOVE the hearts, Mary. Your work always looks so happy!

Ummmm.... want to sell your OLD cutter?
; )

xo
g.

Angie said...

Oh, am I envious or what!! Love that Townsend cutter. My old one works just fine, so I really don't feel like I can justify one of those---yet! LOL Enjoy!