Friday, October 16, 2009

Shrines, signs, and mushroom tops

"Shrine for my Mother"....
and below....shrine for "Pets in Heaven"...
at the bottom are three little things dangling...a dog bone, a heart and a fish...hard to see in the photo...
These are two of the three shrines I just sent off to the "Dia de los Muertos" show at the Guardino Gallery in Portland, Oregon. Wish I lived closer so I could see the whole show. They will also have a parade and grand reception on Alberta St.

Our internet service hasn't been working lately so I couldn't blog or read emails this week! Hopefully we will get things fixed up so I can stay on top of things.
I made this little reversible sign out of felted sweater wool for the store in St.Helena, CA called "Muse" that sells some of my hooked creations and pins. They didn't have a sign for their door and I thought this might be fun. Just sent it off this week with some new things for the store.
I think I may make some more tiny sweater garlands for Syd's Queen of the Arts show coming up in November. So much to do!
And these are some mushroom tops that I've been embellishing for ornaments. I plan to put a yarn loop on the center top for hanging from a Christmas tree. Also in the works...red wool heart ornaments....will try and post those tomorrow!

4 comments:

Beth Anderson said...

love the sweater sign and the animal shrine.
I really admire your talent.

Lisa C. said...

Wow -- BUSY!! I love every bit of your things, but your shrines give me goose bumps. You're so fun to follow :)

Marie said...

So clever and cute!!!

charlotte said...

missing you! love, love the sweater garland sign, the shrines, the owl pins! wish you were here. xoC