Sunday, November 06, 2011

Queen of Arts show 2011


Spent two great days at the Queen of Arts show in Solvang, CA. Here is my space at the beginning of the show on Friday. Tried to get some photos of some of the other crafts at the show. Lots of fun art, jewelry  and crafts.


 Colleen with some of her wonderful embroidered creations. I just had to have one of her little cottage pin cushions and the doggie tee shirt for my grand nephew.



Angela makes colorful felted scarves and ornaments and teaches art to kids full time. She went home with one of my mushrooms and 2 foxes.


Syd's fun filled booth and great paintings. Loved all her new dollies!


My neighbor, Ina and her daughter knit these beautiful baby hats and tea cozies.





Marcelino Jimenez creates these incredible mixed media pieces.



Felted wool viking hats for winter days.


Cindy Knight's sparkly world is always a big hit.


Sukey Hughes does amazing dolls, jewelry and paintings.


Georgeanne Alex's kimono silk purses and scarves are exquisitely beautiful. We got to do a little trading.


Sue's fun wall pieces and fiber art.


Here I am holding one of those black wool cats. So grateful to be a part of this great group of artists and thankful for all the support of the local families who always come to see all the new things and purchase our goodies.

8 comments:

Cathy G. said...

Mary,
Amazing artwork and artists! I like your booth the best!
( the little baby hats are precious too!)
Thank-you for taking photos and letting us see the show! Hope all the artists sold well and are continuing to be inspired!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks, Cathy! Hope your show goes well too. I Love all of your creations...esp. those birds!

Marie said...

Mary,

fabulous art. I would have a hard time choosing just a few things. Every booth would require at least one + purchase : )

Fun and inspiring <3

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Such amazing craft! I want to be a customer next time ,
I do!
xx
julie

Leticia said...

Thanks for sharing all the great photos -looks like it was a great show. Love your work.

folksmith said...

Wish I lived near by. Love your art. I'll have to keep an eye out for your Etsy shop.

Syd said...

Great pics!! Thanks! It is not to late to shop from these great artists! Queen of Arts Revisited..Nov 26 1860 Cottonwood Township of Ballard, Solvang...40 plus artists,,all day!

She Who Doodles said...

solvang, what a great place to do an event.