Saturday, May 24, 2008

another quick post....

This pillow was an experiment using lots of different yarns and textures to see how they would hook up. I first sewed the bird print into the center of some monk's cloth and then hooked around it...fun to try different fibers and techniques.


This is a little piece that I found in an Antique mall in Nova Scotia...such intricate work! I think it is a napkin ring....
View this morning out my art studio window....I usually can see the Pacific Ocean and the Channel Islands...but today it is raining and overcast...unusual for this time of year. Our vegies on the deck seem to like it though! (But not the feather bed that was airing out...eeek!)
And here is a view looking up at our loft...once my art room, now Justin's bedroom....the hand carved wooden crow came from Nova Scotia...I wish I had gotten 2 more of them!I'll try and get a close-up of him later....off to the store again....I'm late!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Yor blog is so lovely and colourful. I really love your hooked pieces. Gorgeous.

jude said...

i like how the fuzzy yarns work