Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Busy week...

Some brightly colored wool for hooking...sent to me by a dear and generous friend...(T.M.)
Hooked bird, now stuffed and ready for some legs...
Bird and friends.....all awaiting bird legs....

This week I will be working at the Plumbing & Hardware store replacing our regular register person who is on a week vacation...so I may not get to Blog as much as I would like to. Of course I still have lots of fiber projects going on...can't wait to start on a new bright hooked bird for Elizabeth in Australia...finish up a fiber assemblage piece for a show in June at Art From Scrap, fiber jewelry to sell at Artfiberfest...more samples for my classes....fiber ATC's for our group...need to make 11 cards with birds....finish my piece for our hook-in this Sunday...and keep sorting all that wool and fabric I've managed to collect.....and I'm sure there is more.

After working I rushed home, changed clothes and went with my son, Jason to honor the seniors at his school for their Outstanding Academic GPA's and community service. I can't believe that my cuddly little boy is now about to go to college! He has a bit of "senior-itis" right now...but I'm proud of all the work he has put in this year and I love him to pieces, even though he won't let me hug him anymore....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your birds. The colors are wonderful. They look like they are ready to take flight!

Cookie

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love your birds, you are a busy lady this week. Me too, I am working all week long this week.
My son has junior itis, but I still get to kiss him on the forehead!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

These are so wonderful. Do you have a shop?