Saturday, March 01, 2008

Art From Scrap




Had a great workshop at ARt From Scrap today. We worked on the Global Art for Peace banner and will finish up next Sat. It was fun working in the Gallery space surrounded by the Collaborative art show "three". Our 3 bird collages titled "Round Robin" made by Penny, Coleen, and myself are on the wall behind the girls. One of my favorite pieces by Laurie Pincus and friends is in the first photo. Last Saturday we had the opening night reception and it was packed. Penny introduced me to several local artists whose work I've always admired but never had the chance to meet. I think she knows all the artists in Santa Barbara! Thanks, Penny for including me in this fun show.

6 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

How great to be surrounded by so many creative people!!!
I love that collage at the top AND all the birds!!
Fantastic!

Dale said...

I love all three bird collages! They look great with all the texture and such. I especially love the skies on all three!

Tara's Art Camp said...

It's always so fun to see what you are up to!

Heather, paperfollies.typepad.com said...

Mary,
Found you through your post to ArtFest Group...love, love, love your Moo card holders, hope I find you so that I can trade for one of those cuties!
I also really enjoyed looking at the bird collages...birds have been showing up in my artwork lately and it was a little bit of seredipity to see these three inspirations! Thanks!
See you in Port Townsend!
Heather Bradley
http://www.paperfollies.typepad.com

Jo McQueen said...

I LOVE your three bird canvasses. I bought a book on birds and have really cut it up, but you took it in a different direction that is wonderful! See you at Artfest 2008. Jo McQueen www.thequeensdresserdrawers.com

katie said...

gosh this sounds like a fun time, great space - creative people!