Sunday, March 09, 2008

new hooking project and little chicks!




Had a great time at our Art From Scrap workshop yesterday. Parents and kids all got busy on the banner and it is almost complete. Lots of other creations were made....the boys seemed to be into Volcanoes with red plastic lava coming out of the top. Girls made some great nests with little hand drawn birds and eggs. Fun necklaces and charming drawings of pets - all done in 2 hours on a Saturday morning.
After the workshop I hopped over to Imagine, my favorite store for a peek...I couldn't resist these tiny chicks! I really don't need more Easter decorations with my boys now teenagers and all, but I guess these are for me!
Just started a new rug hooking project. This one is called "Forest Girl".....I'm a little nervous about hooking the face, as usual. But I'll give it a try tonight.
Got the little felt moo card holders sewn up. I think I will put a ribbon through the top loop and it will be a sort of necklace.
Also working on some new ATC's for our Wed. meeting and one fabric one for our Fiber ATC trade. I carved a shamrock to use on both of these...and I want to put "lucky" on there somehow.

No comments: