Monday, March 03, 2008

Making little Moo card holders

For these tiny stamps I cut an eraser in half, drew the image and cut away. They still need a little cleaning up.
Some of my finished Moo card holders made from felt and I put an eyelet in the top so it could be attached to our name tags and "ready" for trading! See the Moo cards peeking out?
I stamped some of the images on cotton knit..hard to sew onto the felt, but I liked the colors. I also stamped on some linen. These still need to be sewn up and have the eyelets put in.


Among other things last week I cut out a bunch of little rubber stamps in the "Forest" theme. These are for Artfest trades to stamp on fabric for my felt Moo card holders. I am still sewing these up and hope to make about 50 or so. The stamps would be fun to use for ATC's too...so I will make some of those too for trading. Got started on some new rug hooking projects for the Artfest Gallery...forest theme again.

11 comments:

Leah said...

i love your art stamps!! i'm particularly drawn to that adorable owl. great work!

Anonymous said...

Ohh I love the moo card holders. Very clever. I hope I see you to trade.

Kel said...

Very nice! I love carving stamps - so satisfying. I'll have to look out for you for one of those holders.

Janet Wilson said...

WOW! I love everything you've made! Your site has such beautiful colors and I love what you have created for your trades...thanks for sharing,

Ellen Lyn said...

Hi Mary!
Your trades are beautiful and very creative as are all the wonderful things I've seen on your blog!! Love the stamps! I'll be hoping to meet up with you at ArtFest! =)
See you soon,
Ellen Lyn

Tara's Art Camp said...

You are amazing, Mary! those are wonderful, I especially love the carved stamps. WOW!

Cindibee said...

Gah! So cute! I've been meaning to get into stamp carving and before I could buy the supplies, my sister said Wait! I will mail you my leftovers! And she never did..... But now I can't justify spending the money when I know she has some tools and some carving blocks sitting in a box somewhere in her house. Perhaps next time I see her I should do a full search?

Now, what is this business with the moo card holders? What are moo cards? Why do they need holders? Why are they called moo and not oink or baa? Or does it have to be a farm animal?

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

These are just wonderful!

jude said...

you take the simplest things and transform them.

Dale said...

What a great idea to create stamps out of erasers! I love it :). I'll have to clip this blog entry for future inspiration. The stamps look really great.

Deb's Artful Journey said...

Mary,

I love your Moo card holders!! So cute.

Debbie