Friday, December 14, 2007

Getting in the Spirit....

My Jane Ray advent calendar...love her colors...
the Santa corner...with a few nutcrackers thrown in...

This is a scarf I made using old silk kimono pieces..(thanks, Katie) sort of an experiment..for one of our store employees.

We went down the mountain late Wed. night and picked out our tree at Lane Farms. The boys chased each other through the dark corn maze and through the Christmas trees. Justin ended up flat on the straw several times, but no harm done. I seem to remember my brothers having the same fun, hiding and chasing through the trees, as my mother tried to make sure that they weren't bothering anyone else looking for their tree. We always are the last ones to leave, having finally settled and agreed on a nice bushy tree. It got tied up on top of the car and then we went out for dinner before heading back up the mountain. I am still decorating....trying to get the boys interested in helping me...not an easy task. Syd gave me a bag of old quilt pieces that I am having fun playing with. Trying out some stuffed ornaments for little gifts, doing a little embroidery and hooking up some projects that I started a while ago. The boys will have 2 1/2 weeks off for the holidays and we get to sleep in!!! Yay!

2 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love seeing everyone's chirstmas decorations, thanks for sharing.

Yes, sleeping in. Yea! :)

Mary lin Huskamp said...

LOve the pics! Thanks for sharing! Happy Holidays!
xoxo