Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Just a little more "Folk" art


Squirrel book ends....don't you love these?

Covered with newpaper...


Ma and Pa..








Better in person....all embroidered..!

Red tin roof...

Twins?

These are Kelp!


I took so many pictures that I'll just have to share a few more....and I have been hooking....I made a fun red headed woodpecker and a new squirrel and almost finished a new doll made entirely out of felted sweater wool...sort of an experiment. I usually mix in a little sweater wool if I need the color, but I wanted to see if it was OK to do the whole thing with felted sweater wool and so far, so good...will show when she's finished up. For now, more from "just folk"...

7 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

what a beautiful array of folk art. i love ma and pa and the red tin roof and the twins - the twins are so diane arbus!

Tara's Art Camp said...

thanks for sharing those photos,,,, I can't get enough either. I wonder how much "Twins" was?
I saw the dog pillows in the Sundance on line catalogue too. (I think)

I want it all!

Cindy Wills said...

I enjoyed seeing the folk art. Thanks.

jude said...

eye candy

katie said...

wonderful, all of it. the kelp art really made me smile big!
xo

Anonymous said...

I want to make kelp heads. I have made dolls before but did not cut them.

Cathie said...

Mary you are a wonderful talent. I love all the different types of things you make - and I really love your folk art cabins and the embroidery is spectacular!